The Basic Components of Research Paper
What Are the Main Components of Research Paper?
Writing research paper is a complicated and rather lengthy process when many aspects should be accounted. Research papers are usually a result report of practical research or scientific experiments. In the educational institutions research papers are written assignments which are aimed at development of critical thinking, research skills, objective opinion based on evidence and requiring many different skills from writing to research. As it is one of the most widely used assignments, every beginning researcher should know the basic components of research paper.
Research paper components that are widely used are as follows:
- Cover page with indication of all ‘statistical data’ – the name of the author, name of the instructor, dates, institution, etc;
- outline where basic research points are indicated;
- introduction where the author defines the directions of the research;
- the body of paper which includes literature review or summary of different views on the problem and research part itself.
- Research part consists of experimental part or its description, findings and explications of findings;
- Final part is conclusion where an author brings the reader to certain conclusion which should be based on research findings.
- References page where all sources of information used in the research are indicated.
- References page may be followed by Appendixes or additional information in the form of tables, charts, graphs, questionnaires, etc.
All in all research paper is a long complex process of assumption making, investigation, analyzing, finding and concluding. The most complex of all components of research paper is experimental part or primary research which involves tests, interviews or other methods of quantitative and qualitative research which helps to find out required data for analysis.
Usually student research papers are void of primary research component of the paper. Instead they are asked to focus on literature review or base their evidence on the research findings of other researchers. Literature review is the most widely used of all components of research paper. When looking for information to construct a strong and reliable argumentation, one has to consider the reliability of the sources. It is not always easy to find good sources which are free. Reliable and respected journal databases or online libraries are available for subscription fees. That’s why the access to good academic reading is often paid and your research may be an expensive luxury.
However, there’s a way out. You can buy research paper within one of the custom essay writing service vendors. Here you can buy custom essays, custom research papers and term papers. With these companies you can also order dissertations. Their custom writers know how to make a research paper of high quality and do their best to provide impeccably written academic papers of any format, level of achievement and components of the research paper required by the professor.