Abstract of Einstein Essay Often students are asked to write abstracts for their Einstein essays, creating a conundrum for those who have no clue how to create this aspect of their documents. An abstract…
40+ Interesting Compare & Contrast Essay Topics for 2021
How to Start Your Essay
Compare & contrast essays are a popular choice for teachers. The comparison refers to the similarities between two subjects, while contrast refers to their inherent differences.This can be done either in the essay whole or part of a specific section that seeks to compare or contrast subjects. Some of the more common and general subjects for comparison and contrast include books, countries, and cities. Some of the more complex subjects for compare & contrast essays include:
The key to crafting an insightful compare and contrast essay is to not focus on the obvious. Rather, it is to delve into the more subtle differences and nuances while keeping your writing sufficiently succinct. This showcases a high level of insight and synthesis on your part.This article will provide 40 great compare & contrast essay topics that you can modify to your liking. But first, in the next section, we’ll dive deeper into how to structure and format your compare & contrast essay for success.
How to Structure and Format Your Essay
The general format of a compare & contrast essay is similar to that of other essay types: the introduction, main body, and conclusion. The introduction should introduce the main elements of comparison or contrast by providing a background on the subjects. Additionally, a thesis statement is required to showcase your approach of comparison or contrast. With regards to structuring your arguments, there are several ways to do this:
Option 1: Creating Blocks
In this method, one paragraph focuses entirely on the similarities between the two subjects (or a certain aspect of it). The next paragraph focuses on the differences between the two subjects or the specific aspect under scrutiny. Alternatively, the first section of the body would focus on one single subject, while the second part of the body paragraph focuses on the next subject. You should ensure that each paragraph has a clear topic sentence introducing it. All paragraphs should be linked by transition sentences.
Option 2: Alternating Patterns by Points
In this method, several points of comparison or contrast are chosen for the two subjects, and these are elucidated in each paragraph. For example, if you were comparing two cat breeds, the points of comparison may be friendliness, cleanliness, aggressiveness to strangers, etc. Each paragraph focuses on a single point, comparing and contrasting each breed against each other.
40+ Great Compare & contrast Essay Topics for 2021
Now that you know how to structure and format your compare & contrast essay, it’s time to find some great topics to provide that much-needed kick for your writing.
10 advanced compare & contrast essay topics for college students:
- The Medicare systems in the US and Canada.
- The US economy pre-NAFTA and post-NAFTA.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- The US economy vs. China’s economy.
- Solar power vs. wind power.
- Winged planes versus helicopters.
- Hedge funds or venture capital firms.
- Congress vs. the senate.
- Judges Antonin Scalia versus Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- The black civil rights movement in the US versus the civil rights movement pre-independence in South Africa.
11 general compare & contrast essay topics:
- Open plan and cubicle office spaces.
- Partnerships and limited liability companies.
- New York and Tokyo.
- The BRICS vs. the G7.
- Hyperloop versus high-speed rail.
- Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Compare the movies 2012 and San Andreas.
- Elon Musk versus Jeff Bezos.
- Social media influencing and email marketing.
- Hamlet and Macbeth.
10 simple compare & contrast essay topics:
- Gorillas and baboons.
- Indonesia versus Malaysia.
- Mules and donkeys.
- The Hudson River versus the Mississippi.
- Cats or dogs.
- Mountain climbing or desert hiking.
- Taking the bus or taking the train.
- Espresso or latte.
- A noisy Friday or a quiet, laid-back weekend.
- Warm days versus cold days.
10 contemporary compare & contrast essay topics:
- Iron Man versus Black Panther.
- Donald Trump and Barack Obama.
- Britain outside of the EU and Britain within the EU.
- Moving to Europe or moving to the United States.
- Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert.
- Family Guy versus Rick and Morty.
- Pop music versus RnB.
- British higher education or the US university system.
- Henry Cavil or Chris Hemsworth.
- Wonder Womanor Supergirl.
The compare & contrast essay topics provided mix up a little bit of everything for your benefit. You can modify these for your essay however you wish.
Order Today! There’s More Where Those Came From
Sometimes great topics might not suffice. An extra helping hand such as an expert writer may be just what you need to get your gears rolling. Contact our support team to find out how to get started with your paper order!