Shawshank redemption essay
Essay • January 27, 2011
Shawshank redemption essays-Film Reviews
Shawshank redemption essays should be film reviews. Frank Darabont scripted and directed this 1994 drama film starring Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. It is based on a novel by Stephen King. Though not a great box office hit, the film won accolades from critics along with nominations for many awards. It has subsequently marked its presence in the small screen, CD and DVD market.
The court finds one Andrew Dufresne (Andy), a banker, guilty of the double murder of his wife and her paramour, purely on circumstantial evidence. Andy lands in Shawshank State Penitentiary in Maine to serve two consecutive life sentences. When subsequently it turns out that somebody else has committed these murders, the prison authorities thwart all Andy’s efforts to get an acquittal. Half way through the sentence he escapes to Zihuatanejo, a Mexican-Pacific coastal town with the ill-gotten wealth of the jail warden and lives happily thereafter.
When you write Shawshank redemption essays remember the following.
- Shawshank redemption is a film. Hence you should also talk about filming techniques and cinematography. Movie pundits extol the way the movie has handled the visual effects of surreal depiction. They rave the suggestive camera angles, lighting and other paraphernalia. They are full of praise for good acting and background score. The movie has been quite successful in attracting the favorable attention of elite film connoisseurs.
- Shawshank redemption essays can successfully exploit the themes like perverted justice, prison corruption and violence. There are many leads like the Warden’s abuse of prison labor, illegal business activities and money laundering. Contraband circulates freely in prisons. The plot covers sexual aberrations and rampant gang wars (The Sisters) in prisons.
- The movie emphasizes that the prison system dehumanizes the inmates instead of reforming them as it is supposed to do. In the plot one of the guards even cripples an inmate and gets away with it. According to the movie prison rips all self esteem of the inmates. One of the characters even commits suicide after parole because he could not cope up with life outside the prison. Your Shawshank redemption essay can dwell on various aspects of this sordid state of affairs.
- The plot dwells on the indomitable human spirit and its capacity to hope. Andy diverts himself from the day to day rigmarole of prison life by engaging himself in various productive activities. He organizes a library, renders financial and accounting advice to the inmates and prison staff and stalls the mental decay the prison system inflicts progressively on the inmates. He is forced to exploit the corruption and weaknesses of the system. He shows great ingenuity in doing it. There is enough material from these angles for your Shawshank redemption essays.
- For Andy, his camaraderie with Red proves to be the silver lining on the cloud. Their mutual empathy is something your Shawshank essay can dwell upon.
Remember Samedayessay.com, the best resource for essay help, research paper and dissertation help.
Written by Martin Cardoso
I have started working as a freelance writer back in college. After graduation, it has become my full-time job and I’ve never regretted this decision. Seeing your satisfaction and positive feedback is the greatest joy for me!
How to Write an Essay Conclusion — A Complete Guide
Calculate my order