How to Write Movie Titles in Essays Correctly
When you write an essay about movies, you will have to specify the movie title in essay many times. At a first glance, this is not a problem. However, the correctness of writing such names as movie titles in essays raise doubt quite often.
Achieve a proper movie title in essay, character sketches, and sound structure
Usually students try to decide which style to choose in writing title of the movie they are analyzing. Should one use italics or underline the title, or maybe quotation marks are better? Maybe you need to do all of this at once? Our professional and competent essay writers affirm that films titles, books, songs etc. should be italicized. The above is also true for the episodes of television programs, short poems, stories, and chapters in a book, lectures, articles in newspapers, magazines and encyclopedias.
Movie making is an art form. Probably the same can be said about essay writing! A great movie review can be a work of art, because it certainly requires creativity and inspiration as well as literacy, observance of standards and certain features of movie analysis essay.
First of all, good movie essays should entertain as the film itself. They should persuade and inform the reader, providing an original opinion, but closely follow the plot of a movie.
Film analysis also has a clear structure. This is how we do it:
- Step 1. Gathering facts about the film before writing a review.
- Step 2. Taking notes on the movie.
Step 3. Analyzing the mechanics of the movie. This is an extensive analysis and it includes some subtopics such as:
- Costume design
- Setting design
- Music and Soundtracks etc.
- Step 4. Scanning the outline one more time. Our competent essay reviewers always recommend that.
That is the first part of the analysis. After that, we start the most important part of the process. This is composing of movie essay:
Step 1. An original thesis based on our analysis. Answer these compelling questions:
- Does the movie represent a current event or a contemporary issue?
- Does the movie connect with the audience on a personal level?
- Does the movie seem to have a message, or does it try to elicit a specific emotional response from the audience?
- Step 2. A brief summary of the plot, the main characters, the setting, the central conflict of the film.
- 3-rd step. Description of the elements of the movie that support your thesis. Several paragraphs about the acting, the direction, the cinematography, the setting, and so on.
- 4-th step. A conclusion.
After that, the last step left is polishing your essay. It is very important to keep your own writing style. A good film review should also include plenty of examples, to back up the author points.
The last rule is to remember that just because the movie isn't to your taste that doesn't mean you should give it a bad review. It doesn’t matter if this is your favorite crash movie essay or a drama review essay, you must be an objective writer. Everybody has different tastes and a good reviewer helps people find the movies they'll like.
Certainly, it is interesting to write about your fave rave, isn’t it? And how about to get high mark for that? Writing «my favorite movie essay» has never been so easy! Now, you could get help for this at our academic writing website. Our professional essay reviewers are available for you 24 hours, 7 days a week.