Assistive technology devices for education do not guarantee a passing grade but increase the chances greatly. After all, psychologists proved that studying with the help of various advanced technologies and innovations makes student’s life…
Useful Essay Phrases and Words to Use in the Process of Writing
Find a Correct Essay Phrase to Make Your Work Sound More Professional!
When you start to work on your academic essay it is very important to use all the possible means to draw your future readers’ attention and to impress them. For that reason you need to pay special attention to the logical flow of your writing. To enable such flow you should use suitable essay phrases and sentences that will add needed coherence to your work.
The essay phrases are used to link your ideas and thoughts or to start a new one. Still, there are definite rules of proper use of such phrases. They are the following:
- Never use any essay phrases of the transition type at the very beginning of you writing work.
- Make use of them when you start to write a new paragraph or when working on the very point in some paragraph.
- The most widely used essay words and phrases to enter additional information are following: “as a result, in addition, furthermore, moreover, hence, otherwise, then, thus, so,” etc.
- When talking about some sequence it is good to use the following phrases: “|first, at first, first of all, second, third, next, finally, later on, meanwhile,” etc.
- And if you need to illustrate anything it is good to apply some essay phrase from the following list: “for instance, for example, in illustration, for one, for another,” etc.
- For summing your thoughts up such phrases as following are quite good. They are: “finally, in any case, in summary, to sum up, all things considered, all things said, all in all, by and large, in final consideration, in any event, in conclusion,” etc.
- The common phrases applied for generalization are: “generally speaking, for the most part, usually, normally, in general, as usual, as a rule, ordinarily, customarily, more often than not, rarely, mostly,” etc.
- If you want to write something on the contrast and comparison you should use such transition essay phrases as “on one hand, conversely, instead, likewise, on the contrary, to the contrary, yet, rather, to the contrary, by the same token,” etc.
- While writing about concession phrases of the type “however, be that as it may, nevertheless, still, in any event, in any case, notwithstanding, this fact notwithstanding, at any rate, even so,”etc. will be appropriate.
- In case you need to restate anything use such phrases as “in other words, in essence, that is, namely, that is to say,” etc. And if you need to express the diversion effect make use of “by the way, incidentally, by the by, while we’re on the subject, parenthetically, lest I forget, etc”.
As you can see there is a great variety of different means to make your work sound more professional. You can pick any essay phrase out of the above given and to place it in proper place to gain the logical flow of thoughts in your paper. And if you don’t have much time or experience at writing you can always use the qualified essay guide of professional essay writers. Visit custom written essay and research writing assistant Samedayessay.com for more details.